Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thought I was in ABQ

Today is Sunday and it is an absolutely beautiful day in Omaha, NE. There is no snow, rain, or wind...it's a very clear and sunny day.

I was looking out the window as I loaded the dishwasher and spotted 3 hot air balloons in the sky. I thought I was back in Albuquerque. It was a beautiful site to see and made me think of Albuquerque and also how much I'm going to miss Omaha...but excited for what the Twin Cities will hold for Kathy and me.

A large Hawk also flew by in the calm day, and it made me think of how the Hawkeyes flew by the Gophers and retained Floyd of Rosedale for another year.

Kathy and I have enjoyed a very relaxing weekend so far and can't believe Monday will be here before we know it. At least it will be a very short week.

Mom C. flies in on Tuesday night and the Brady Bunch arrives Wednesday early evening. Kathy and I are very excited to be hosting our 3rd Thanksgiving in Omaha. We have Lefse making in store for Wednesday and a full day of cooking on Thursday. This will be my 3rd time cooking a Turkey. I am so lucky to have learned from the best, my dad. I still use his 4-5 page instructions that he drafted up before our first hosting in 2001.

Best run for now...hopefully you'll see a new posting every day or every other day...to keep you coming back for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home