Packing and PODS
Thanksgiving is unfortunately over. Kathy and I had a great Thanksgiving with my family. It was so great to see Mom C. and the Brady Bunch and, as always, it went too fast.
Now, Kathy and I are very busy packing up our house to get ready for our move to the Twin Cities. We rented a POD (Portable On Demand Storage). The POD was dropped off this morning and is sitting in our drive way, ready to be packed. As luck would have it...we have blizzard like conditions today. Hopefully, that quits in a hurry, otherwise...this will be even less fun.
The way the PODS work, is that they deliver a large bin, you pack it, they pick it up and move it to your final destination. Since our closing date is on Thursday, December 8, the catch is we have to have it packed and ready for pickup by 7:00 AM this Friday...ugh...And that's only guaranteed to be there by Saturday, Dec. 10.
Kathy and I bought 35 boxes on Sunday(to start). We started packing up our kitchen stuff Sunday afternoon and finished it up tonight after work. I can't believe we used 18 boxes on the kitchen alone. We're hoping that we started with the toughest room and have that under our belts. We'll see.
So needless to say, we'll be living in basically an empty house before we leave Omaha and after we arrive. Kathy and I are just looking forward to this all being done and overwith and have to keep reminding ourselves that in two weeks it will be.
That's our latest and greatest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home