POD Gone...Washer/Dryer Here...
It's been quite awhile since my last posting. That was due to the move and no internet access. I did, however, send an email out to many of you that are probably reading this blog...so that's good.
Here's a quick run-down of the last week of events:
Wednesday, December 7
- Kathy and I wake up early
- Pack our remaining items into our cars
- Hit the road for Minnesota
- Have dinner at D Michael B's in Albertville, MN
- Check into the Country Inn & Suites - Albertville
- Go to bed (look forward to closing on our new house on Thursday)
Kyle's Health-o-Meter = 100% (explain later)
Thursday, December 8- Kyle wakes up at 4:30 AM only to be violently sick (Kyle believes it is Food Poisoning...Kathy says flu)
- Kyle insists on going through walk through @ 8:00 AM
- Kyle tries to go...does go...
- Kyle hangs for a bit during the walk through, but gets violently sick in new bathroom
- Kyle's realtor insists to go back to hotel to rest and re-hydrate...says Kathy can do the closing
- Kyle signs a Power of Attorney to allow Kathy to sign for me
- Kyle confined to the bed for next 24 hours (sleeping, drinking, having weird dreams, etc.)
- Kathy completes the close of our house
- Kathy takes good care of Kyle
Kyle's Health-o-Meter: 0%-Morning and Afternoon, 50% by 11:59 PM
Friday, December 9Kyle's Health-o-Meter: 65%
- POD is delivered to new house
- Start unpacking cars
- Cable guy comes...hooks up cable
- Kathy goes to meet parents (coming from Iowa City to help)
- Kyle opens up the POD...hoping for the best
- All items were essentially in the same place they were when we packed them
- Kathy's Dad and I unpacked the POD and put everything into the garage
- Started bringing in boxes, etc...furniture to go tomorrow
Saturday, December 10
Kyle's Health-o-Meter: 88-90%
- Start more unpacking and moving in
- Kyle cousin Clarence and his family come to help bring in furniture
- Goes surprisingly well and fast
- All items needed (most importantly...our BED) in the house
- Go to Best Buy...Buy Washer and Dryer (set to be delivered on Monday)
- Relax and watch TV with Kathy's parents
- Dinner
- Say goodbye to Kathy's parents who will be leaving Sunday morning
Sunday, December 11
Kyle's Health-o-meter: 99.9%
Kathy and I did some shopping, hang out and relax in our new home. We're taking it easy unpacking and finding things.
Monday, December 12
Well, Monday means back to work and that's exactly what we did. It actually felt good...much better than moving, packing, etc. Kathy and I went for our first Baby Check Up appointment here. All is going well and we are thankful and grateful.
Throughout this whole experience, I am most appreciative of having the most beautiful wife, who has kept me in check, settled me down when my stress got too high, and most importantly took great care of me when I was sick. I really lucked out in the wife department!!!
Better run for now...will post again soon (hopefully shorter)

1 Comments:
I suppose Kyle can be forgiven for his lapse in memory about unpacking the POD since he wasn't operating on all cylinders that day. But Kathy and I helped as well -- granted we didn't lift the heavy, heavy stuff but we did help move things out of the POD into the garage. Then while the guys finished unpacking the POD, Kathy and I unpacked kitchen boxes. I just thought this historical account needed a little tweaking! (smile) Another thing, it was very cold and the wind was blowing, so I'm sure the windchill was below zero. Despite the work, we had a good time and were glad to see the new home. --Jan (Kathy's mother)
Post a Comment
<< Home