Happy Father's Day
On the eve of my first Father's Day, I am full of emotions most of which is "pride." I'm proud of being a father and have given life to such a beautiful girl. I'm a proud son and I miss my Dad so much tonight and know I will tomorrow, too. What a great man, husband, and Dad! Most of all, he was the greatest role model and greatest coach. He set the bar and I'm glad that I've seen the bar to know what to strive for. He has the greatest view, now, of me being a father and although I wish I could be with him physically...I'm with him more spiritually than ever before.
Here's a picture of Dad and I. It was the last picture of us taken together and it was a special moment and I'm proud to say that I knew it then as well as I know it now.

"Dad, thanks for everything you gave me." Words could never express my feelings.
I'm fortunate, to have a great father-in-law too (who happens to make the best beef jerkey you'll ever taste). He's a great man and I missed having beers and cigars with him while they were on vacation. Maybe next time.
Here's a picture of Dave and Taylor.

And here's a picture of Taylor and me.

Like I said, I've been so fortunate to have seen such great fathers before me...Grandpa's, Uncles, Cousins, Grandfather-in-laws, father-in-laws, and brother-in-laws. You know who you are and you all have set a great example for me and I "raise my glass to you" today (and tomorrow).

1 Comments:
I was just talking about your Dad last week. We were talking about computer programming and I remember Ken showing me his homework where had binary and hexadecimal coding that he was studying.
Little did I know, some 30 odd years later here I am still using code and making jokes about binary.
Ken was a wonderful man. The great thing is, is that you made the best of your time together.
Oh, and Happy first Father's Day to you. They keep getting better and better!
~peace!
~greg
Post a Comment
<< Home