Monday, March 27, 2006

2 posts in less than 24 hours

Ok, so I wouldn't say I'm totally back on track with blogging...but at least this is a step in the right direction. I heard somewhere last week, that you have to do something 21 times before it becomes a habit. Interesting.

Anyway, I wanted to post a couple pictures of the basement finishing that Kathy's brother-in-law, Joe, and I did a couple weeks ago. Oh yeah, Allison and Emily also pounded a couple of nails.

To the left will be an office, that will have a large opening that one day, I hope to put window french doors on (that'll be a while) and behind that will be a fourth bedroom. The bedroom will be about 10'x13'.


A little different angle on this shot. This is the hallway leading to the 4th bedroom. The first door on the right will eventually be a 3rd bathroom. Planning on having a shower w/bench. The second door on the right will go into the utility/storage room. At the end of the hallway there will be a nice linen closet. Safe to say, we (Joe and I) feel that we wasted no space in constructing it.

Notice, I didn't include the other half of the basement. Because it is pretty much a mess. Eventually, it'll be the family/entertainment room, etc.

Kathy and I's goal will be to have the basement complete by Christmas. I think it is duable...with hopefully a small intermission this summer...when I build a deck (with maybe some help from a couple of brother-in-laws and cousins...wink, wink!!!

Hope you enjoy the basement photos.

4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I am anxious to see all of your house and yard in just one short month. These projects are what I call blood, sweat, and tears equity.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Fotodog said...

by Christmas, huh?

With your first child on the way??

Man, are you ambitious.
If you need help, don't hesitate to call!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you meant to say this room is for the Poker and Foosball table. No apologies necessary.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Just checking it out to see if there were any baby photos on here yet! Dammit "Kevin", would ya hurry up and have that kid - Jackson needs a prom date!!!

We are headed to the Twin Cities area over Memorial Day weekend so I'll try to get in touch to see if we can maybe get together at some point.

Hope to hear from the "three" of you soon.

-Mish & Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home