Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Am I Sleeping...

No, I'm certainly not. Taylor turned 6 months old yesterday and she is doing just fantastic. I didn't do a post on her official milestone, because...well you see...my "editor" is out of town (Beverly Hills, CA) and I don't like doing too many posts, especially those with pictures, unless the editor has a chance to review and approve. It's a "team", the editor and author, and so I thought I better just hold off.

To fill the "air" here are a couple of things you need to know from this past weekend's football games:

  • University of Iowa Upset horribly by Indiana - faces Michigan this weekend in tough game
  • University of Minnesota was crushed by Wisconsin (did you know...that UofM vs Wisc. is the longest running rivalry and series in all of college football)
  • The Bemidji State Beavers were victorious in a shootout with Wayne State College, Nebraska (Beavers remain undefeated in Conference Play)
  • The Minnesota Vikings had no bye week "boating" incidents this year - this is the equivalent of winning the Super Bowl
  • The Green Bay Packers actually didn't lose...but they didn't win either...they also had a bye week

My closing football topic

The Cardinals of Arizona played an outstanding game on Monday Night, but being led by a former Minnesota Vikings coach...they found a way to lose Minnesota style to the Bears...who really aren't that mighty.

It's ok because Denny Green fired the offensive coordinator. This makes completes sense, because he controls whether or not players fumble and special teams gives up a touchdown. Keep your heads up Cardinal fans because Matt Leinart looked incredible...as did the stadium. Those are about the two most positive things that will hopefully get a strongly organization in the right direction.

Things to watch for this weekend, the Bison of North Dakota State giving the U of Minnesota a run for their money. Glen Mason, head coach of Minnesota, is not considered to be on the "hot seat" even though the Gophers are 0-4 in the Big 10. He actually got a long term contract at the end of the year last year. That makes sense, the Gophers since 2002 are 15-21 in Big 10 play. Evidently, not the most business savvy folks at the U of M.

Also keep in mind #17 Nebraska vs #5 Texas in Lincoln, NE. #1 Big 12 North vs #1 Big 12 South. Hook 'em Huskers (I'm neutral).

Ok, the next blog posting will be all Taylor...but thought I'd get some of this football stuff off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home